The SIX8 ™ series weapons are short-stroke, gas piston operated rifles fully optimized for the 6.8 X 43mm SPC II cartridge. Engineered to exceed the needs of shooters calling for an adjustable gas block and longer SPR style rail system, the SIX8™ A5 delivers.
Customers called for an adjustable gas block and the longer 12” SPR style rail system on the same rifle. We listened- the SIX8™ A5 is designed with a low profile 2 position adjustable gas block allowing the shooter to compensate for running a suppressor with the added benefit of our longer modular rail system.
The SIX8™ A5 with proprietary upper and lower receivers has been fully optimized for the 6.8 SPC II cartridge including an enlarged ejection port allowing unhindered ejection of the 6.8 casings and the first polymer magazine designed specifically for the 6.8 SPC II round. The upper rail section on the SIX8™ A5 with special cutback scallop design, allows shooters easy access to the low profile gas block and at the same time keep the full 12” modular rails available on the sides and bottom of the hand guards. This SIX8 A5 brings together the best features of the LWRCI™ Enhanced and SPR models in one ready to shoot platform.
Like all SIX8 models the SIX8 A5 is constructed using the highest quality materials, built on our patented self-regulating short-stroke gas piston system, machined from materials that belong to the super alloy family of steel alloys most often used in aerospace, LWRCI™ raises the bar on reliability and ease of maintenance- delivering the highest level of performance. The gas-piston system can be accessed quickly by loosening two thumb screws.
Dual Control fully ambidextrous lower receiver includes bolt catch and release, magazine release and fire control access from both sides of the SIX8™ A5. LWRCI™ Enhanced Fire Control Group comes standard. Our investment castings are x-rayed for imperfections and nickel-boron coated for a smooth crisp trigger pull with positive reset.
The SIX8 A5 comes with the LWRCI™ Mark II Advanced Combat Bolt in 6.8. Our nickel-boron coating completes the package making the ACB SIX8 a true step up in 6.8 design. Gas-piston system can be accessed quickly by loosening two thumb screws.
Our SIX8™ A5 uses LWRCI™ manufactured- NiCorr treated cold Hammer Forged spiral fluted barrel that are 20% lighter than unfluted barrels of the same diameter. The increased surface area reduces heat – speeds up cooling.
The LWRCI™ SIX8 A5 comes complete with, LWRCI™ Skirmish Back Up Iron Sights, Ambidextrous Charging Handle, Magpul® MOE+ ® Grip, LWRCI™ High Efficiency 4-Prong Flash Hider and Magpul® PMAG 6.8 SPC magazine with high-visibility follower.
The SIX8™ A5 combines the ultimate in ergonomic user friendly rifles with outstanding mid range performance of the 6.8 SPC II Cartridge
- LWRCI™ PROPRIETARY UPPER AND LOWER RECEIVERS OPTIMIZED FOR THE 6.8 SPC II CARTRIDGE
- LWRCI™ COLD HAMMER FORGED SPIRAL FLUTED NICORR-TREATED BARREL
- LWRCI™ ADJUSTABLE 2 POSITION GAS BLOCK
- LWRCI™ BIRDCAGE (A2) FLASH HIDER
- LWRCI™ SKIRMISH BACK UP IRON SIGHTS
- LWRCI™ ENHANCED FIRE CONTROL GROUP
- LWRCI™ AMBIDEXTROUS SLING MOUNT
- LWRCI™ 12" USER CONFIGURABLE RAIL SYSTEM
- LWRCI™ AMBIDEXTROUS CHARGING HANDLE
- FULLY AMBIDEXTROUS LOWER RECEIVER
- LWRCI™ ADJUSTABLE COMPACT STOCK
- MAGPUL MOE + ® GRIP
- COMES WITH PICITANY RAIL SECTIONS FOR ATTACHMENTS
- Caliber: 6.8 SPC II
- Barrel Length:10.5”(26.7cm) 12.7” (32.3cm)14.7” (37.3 cm)16.” (40.9cm)
- Weight: 6.5lbs (2.9kg) | 6.8lbs (3.22kg) | 7lbs (3.29kg) | 7.25 lbs (3.4kg)
- Muzzle Threads: 5/8 X 24 TPI
- Rifling: 1/10”RH
- Advanced Combat Bolt in 6.8. The ACB features a fully supported bolt face, dual extractor springs, the ‘Claw’ extractor that provides 20% mode purchase on the case rim for positive extraction every time, a bolt face groove to collect dirt and brass shaving, and a Nickel Boron coating for wear resistance and permanent lubricity
- Nickel-boron coated bolt carrier for unparalleled wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and permanent lubricity
- NiCorr treated LWRCI™ Barrel is precisely torqued in our factory to a consistent torque setting. Cold hammer forged 1:10 twist stabilizes a wide range of bullet types
- Coined forgings are struck—heat treated— and struck again for precise dimensional accuracy and superior surface finish
- LWRCI™ applies its own Cerakote: ceramic-based thermoset epoxy finish in 3 color selections
Patriot BrownOD GreenFlat Dark EarthBlack Anodized
- LWRCI™ 12” User Configurable Rail System
- Proprietary LWRCI™ Lower Receiver optimized for the 6.8 SPC II Cartridge
- LWRCI™ Nicorr Treated Cold-Hammer Forged Standard Heavy Barrel
- Full Ambidextrous Lower Receiver: bolt catch and release; magazine release and fire control
- LWRCI™ Enhanced Fire Control Group
- Patented LWRCI™ Short Stroke Gas Piston System
- LWRCI 2-position gas block with normal and suppressed settings.
- LWRCI™ Skirmish BUIS | Back Up Iron Sights
- LWRCI™ Compact Stock with integrated sling attachment point.
- Advanced Combat Bolt 6.8. Nickel-Boron coated bolt carrier.
WARNING: Observe safe firearm handling practices at all times. Failure to do so may result in serious bodily injury or death. LWRC International shall not be responsible for injury, death, or property damage resulting from faulty installation, misues, illegal use, or modification of this product.
EXPORT NOTICE: This product and/or its components is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations(ITAR, 22 CFR Parts 120-130) and export is strictly prohibited without authorization or a license issued by the U.S. Department of State's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. Additionally, any documents or engineering drawings, prints, etc. that can be viewed, downloaded, or printed from our Web site may contain technical data which may not be exported outside of the United States, or released or disclosed to non-US persons (i.e. persons who are not US Citizens or lawful permanent residents) inside of the United States, without prior written authorization by the relevant US Government agency. Violations of these export laws are subject to severe penalties.